"Son of Stimpy" (a.k.a. "Stimpy's First Fart") is an episode of the second season.
Before Christmas, Stimpy breaks wind, he believes that he has given birth. He tells Ren about the incident, but Ren won't believe him. Soon, "Stinky" runs away and Stimpy searches for his butt stinkiness friend, Stinky in his snowy adventure.
- John Kricfalusi made this episode as an exchange: if he made heartwarming stories, Nickelodeon would let him make more gross stories.
- When Stinky is floating past after he leaves Stimpy (not knowingly sitting on him), you see a box in the background in the dumpsters with "SPUMCO" labeled on it, a reference to John K's company.
- This episode is very similar to the Adult Party Cartoon episode, "Stimpy's Pregnant." Both episodes involve Stimpy treating his rancid excrement like a newborn child.
- The Splat aired this episode uncut for the first time in years on 11/18/15.
- This episode was nearly banned like Man's Best Friend, however Vanessa Coffey loved the episode so much that she prevented Nickelodeon from banning it. However, due to the network's apprehension, the episode premiered on MTV on January 13, 1993. An edited version later aired on Nickelodeon on December 11, 1993 during the third season's run (inbetween "Circus Midgets"/"No Pants Today" and "Ren's Pecs"/"An Abe Divided").
- The mistletoe scene, in which Ren tries to lure Stimpy inside by the mistletoe, caused much controversy in America, and before the episode aired, caused much dispute between Kricfalusi and Nickelodeon who objected to its "homosexual overtones".
- A short scene where Ren pushes Stimpy's Christmas present towards a picture of him is missing from the "Season One and Two" DVD. It is however shown on the Nicktoons UK airing, and on the June 2, 2009 airing on MTV2 as well as current MTV airings and airings of this episode on The Splat.
- Another scene that was shortened in the DVD release was where Ren and Stimpy were both shown in bed; Ren is sleeping peacefully, and it then pans over to Stimpy who's still laying awake in the dark.
- The mistletoe scene was going to be edited out at Nickelodeon's request. According to Kricfalusi's commentary on the DVDs, he talked producer Vanessa Coffey into it after Kricfalusi argued that a homosexual Spümcø artist caught wind of the scene being cut and "was in tears" over it and because of this, the scene was reinstated.
- Nickelodeon as well as current airings on MTV and The Splat cut the part where Stimpy goes to the police to find his missing "son", only to be violently thrown out. This was shown when it aired on Spike TV and is included on the DVD. It was however included on some international airings such as the Nickelodeon Japan airing to name one, and was on the original MTV premiere.
- The scene where Stimpy returns after Ren answers the door is a reference to The Big Shot, where the doorbell rings, Ren answers and rubs his eyes and the same background music plays.
- This is one of the few episodes where Ren is shown to have a heart.