After standing in the middle of the street waiting for the bus to take Stimpy as far away from Ren as possible (Ursa Minor) because he never wants to see Stimpy ever again after all the years which caused Ren to hate him. However, Stimpy soon figures out that Ren means to send him away and attempts to reason with him, only to be yelled at. However, soon the duo get hit by the bus to Ursa Minor. They end up being sewn together at a discount hospital, as it is the only way to keep them alive. After a sleepless night, Ren arrives at work, but ends up getting fired because Stimpy's stupidity blows up his job. The duo end up in a circus as geeks, are kept in a cold cage, put on display, and fed chicken heads. Some time later, Ren freaks out and the duo get hit by a meteorite labeled Ursa Minor. They are rushed back to the discount hospital. Ren's face is now sewn on Stimpy's back. It ends with Stimpy eating baked beans, farting in Ren's face.
- "Double Header" is considered one of the darkest and most disturbing episodes in the entire series.
- The flashbacks in this episode are from "Stimpy's Invention", "Sven Höek", "Ren's Bitter Half", "Son of Stimpy" and "A Visit To Anthony".
- This episode shows as an example of Nickelodeon's hypocrisy. They had annoyance with John Kricfalusi (partly due to emotional intensity in episodes), and wound up doing the same thing themselves.
- This is the first episode aired in 1995.
- In this episode, Ren's occupation is that he works as a factory worker in a top secret factory. He claims that for the job, he got a degree in leverage by attending thirteen years of night school.
- The concept of this episode would later be used for the Nicktoon CatDog.