"Dog Show" is an episode of the second season.
- This is the last episode from 1992.
- On Nickelodeon airings, George Liquor's name is shortened to "George American" and the text that appears saying his name is removed due to Nickelodeon not liking the word "Liquor" being in his name. This edit is reverted on the Paramount DVD.
- On Nickelodeon airings, the shot of George Liquor's Tail is repainted to remove the tail. This edit is also corrected on the Paramount DVD.
- This episode must take place after "Man's Best Friend" due to the fact that George Liquor bought Ren and Stimpy in that episode.
- This episode is Chris Reccardi's directorial debut.
- In the beginning of the episode, Ren has bandages tied to his ears. When George stops buffing, the bandages aren't seen anymore.
- The scene where Ren's tail snaps off is censored on the Nick airings.
- This episode was originally scheduled to air on September 5, 1992 before temporarily being banned along with "Man's Best Friend". Unlike "Man's Best Friend", however, "Dog Show" did get to air on Nickelodeon a few months later in a censored form.