"A Visit To Anthony" is the 17th episode of the second season.
Anthony, a young fan of Ren and Stimpy, wins a contest to have Ren and Stimpy come to meet him, but his menacing, overprotective father would do anything to protect him and his boyhood innocence.
- The character of Anthony was inspired by and voiced by a real life fan who sent in the first letter to the show. As a result, the episode rarely airs in syndication, as Nickelodeon would have to pay Anthony's voice actor royalty fees.
- This is the first episode to confirm that Ren and Stimpy both hail from Hollywood, Yugoslavia, which was previously hinted at in Mad Dog Hoek.
- In real life, Yugoslavia was a European nation that was created in 1918 shortly after World War I. In 1992, around the time the episode aired, the country was divided into six separate countries, including modern-day Croatia and Slovenia, due to a variety of factors.
- This is one of the first episodes where Ren and Stimpy are portrayed as actual actors, both known as famous stars and a comedy duo. The Games Animation episodes would later continue to break the fourth wall in this fashion, acknowledging that The Ren and Stimpy show is an actual show and Ren and Stimpy are a comedy duo from said show.
- The World Crisis With Mr. Horse segment used only digital ink and paint instead of its original traditional cel animation.
- There was a deleted scene of Anthony showing Ren & Stimpy his Stimpy doll that hwarfs out cat hairballs, and Ren doll that had a pull string which would make it say naughty words, possibly; the scene was banned from being made for the episode's production and/or final version primarily because of bad language (for example: What the f*** is your problem, man?!) and inappropriate gross out humor, as of that, the crew at Spümcø decided not to finish the scene for the episode.